Hi! I'm JonLuca De Caro. I was born and raised in Vicenza, Italy, and moved to California in 2014. I
Computer Science at the Viterbi School of Engineering, at USC. In
the Spring of 2019 I'll be working as a Software Engineer at Elevate Security in Berkely, California.
Over Fall of 2018 I was a Software Engineering Intern at Google, working on the Google Cloud Healthcare
Machine Learning team. During the Summer of 2018 I worked at Apple as a
Security Engineer. In 2017 I worked for Deloitte as a Cyber Security Intern.
I enjoyed being an active member of the USC community, with a focus on tech and entertainment:
- Ex-President of Scope, USC's software engineering club
- Ex-Project Manager at Code the Change, an organization dedicated
providing free software for non-profits
- Organizer of Los Angeles' GitHub Field Day, a regional
unconference for leaders of technical student communities
- Senior Producer of TrojanArcade, USC's
gaming and entertainment news tv show
- E-Board of USC IMAX Club, where we host screenings of movies with cast members, directors, and other
guests involved with the film at the Zemeckis center
- Member of Lavalab, USC's premier startup incubator
- Member of CAIS++, the Center for AI in Society.
- Course Producer for CSCI 201, Principles of
Software Development and CSCI 356,
Computer Systems - I've created and managed automation tools, assignments, and various servers
to aid in the running of the class. Other duties include holding office hours, answer online
questions, and writing scripts to detect cheating.
- Consultant at USC Entertainment Technology Consortium, an
organization that brings together senior executives from the entertainment and technology industries
with academic faculty and researchers to address topics related to the creation of entertainment
- University of Southern California - 2019, B.Sc., Computer Science and Cybersecurity
- Massachusett's Institute of Technology - 2013, Research, Graph
I am a developer and security researcher - you can find most of my work on GitHub. I have built production-ready applications in a
variety of languages and mediums. I have a focus on security work - I do freelance penetration testing
and bug bounties, specifically for webapps and network security. My PGP public key can be found here.
- Code the Change - I'm the Project Manager for Code the Change's LA Mayor's Project. We have
partnered with the city of Los Angeles to help add functionality to the Mayor's Dashboard, a site that provides useful
metrics to gauge current progress of the Mayor's initiatives.
- Scope - As Managing Director of Scope, I've tried to foster a community a some of the best
developers at USC. In Fall of 2017, we've had events with the CIA, Google, Facebook, Twitter,
Disney, and a tech talk with one of the authors of TensorFlow.
- USC Computer Science - I am a TA for two classes at USC, CSCI 201 and CSCI 356, the Software
Engineering and Systems class respectively. I've helped create and manage projects, and hold office
hours to help students better understand the material. I also created an automated grading server
for 356, with a full admin console to monitor student progress and make managing the class easier.
- GitHub Field Day - I've was on the organizing committee of LA's GitHub Field Day, which brought the leadership of tech
clubs from schools in the Southern California area together to share ideas, methods, and past
- Entertainment Technology Center - Since my sophomore year, I've been consulting with ETC@USC, an
organization dedicated to bridging the gap between Hollywood and Technology. We have meetings and
round tables with Disney, Sony, Paramount, and various other large studios to consult on current
trends and provide recommendations on how to shape their business models to adapt to new tech.
- Schedule of Classes - Author of the Chrome Extension USC
Schedule Helper, which helps alleviate a lot of the common issues with registration at USC. I
also built a complete back end for class notifications, with a public, rate-limited API here.
- Google - At Google, I work on the Machine Learning platform for Google Cloud Healthcare & Life
- Apple - At Apple, I worked on the Threat Intelligence team in the Information Security division.
- Deloitte - At Deloitte, I worked with clients to fortify their security practices. I also
implemented and built frameworks to aid in penetration tests and client engagements.
- Desktop (Electron)
- Desktop (Qt)
- Chrome Extension
- Scalable API Creation
- Debian Repository
Articles A selection of articles I've written, on
Papers A selection of papers I've written:
Blog A selection of blog posts I've written, from my blog:
Additionally, my PGP key can be found here. Hashes of my public key
have been also uploaded to pastebin, here.
5 Days, 5 Projects
Over Spring Break 2017, I built five products in five days. The projects are listed below.
5 Days, 5 Projects
Additionally, I've worked on a few other personal projects, and contribute to open source software as
much as possible.
- Anubis - Subdomain enumerator and information
gathering tool for security engagements
- Anubis-DB - Server for Anubis, which stores all
previously found subdomains
- Never Ending Netflix - A Chrome
Extension to amplify your Netflix experience
- Hoverzoom - Chrome Extension that expands images
on a myriad of sites on hover (collaborator)
- PasteBinApp - iOS App to quickly upload to
PasteBin - iOS link
- USC Directory Scraper - Node.js app that quickly scrapes
every USC email. 160,000 emails in <1 hour
- USC Schedule Helper - Chrome Extension to
add functionality to USC web registration
- DismissBlackboard - Chrome Extension to
quickly dismiss all blackboard notifications
- BulkReddit - A website to quickly cache any
subreddits text posts, for easy consumption while offline
- RandomComic - Shows a random comic from one of
6 websites. Customizable, responsive, and intuitive.
- USC Class Notifier API - An API for
USC Schedule Notifications, the back end to USC Schedule Helper
- ModClear - Chrome Extension to quickly clear all
your modmail on reddit
- AddToAmex - Chrome Extension to add all available
American Express offers to your credit card
- Burp Copy As Node - Burp extension that
allows you to copy a network request as Node.js code
- Clear Reddit Unmoderated - Reddit
bot to clear out the unmoderated queues for subreddits, as a moderator.
- Candy Crush Hack - Java Swing desktop
applications to hack save game files for Candy Crush
- Master Repo - Centralized list of jailbroken
- UberTripStats - Chrome extension to show
you stats on all the ubers you've taken
- Churning Flair Selector Site -
Customized site for /r/churning to allow users to select
their own flair.